We are committed to Christian service beyond our church walls, sometimes through simple acts of care and encouragement, by supporting local food banks, visiting nursing homes, serving meals to those in need, and more. Our Outreach Ministry Team is always looking for new ways to expand our sharing of God’s grace and love.
- Visitation Ministry Team: Providing both companionship and communion to members of our congregation now homebound or residing in personal care and nursing homes.
- Card Ministry: Remembering our homebound and shut-in membership at various non-holiday times of the year.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: Creates with love and prayers shawls given to those going through a difficult time.
*Names suggested for recipients of any of these ministries may be called to the church office.
- Sleeping Mats for the Homeless: An opportunity for all to be involved, whether collecting plastic shopping bags and dropping off in the receptacle in the back of the Narthex, cutting bags for plarn or crocheting. Instructions can be found at: www.wmu.com/userfiles/file/WoM/SleepingMatInstructions1.pdf
We welcomed Rev. Mike Fonner and his wife, Leslie, to our June 10th worship service. It was wonderful to hear first hand about their missionary work in Kenya, which we help support. To learn more, visit www.plcc-nairobi.org.
- The Outreach Committee sponsored a Chili Dinner. Proceeds were sent with Shirley Sholtis-Glova to help provide water for a home in Honduras. Below is a video from that trip.
We partner in outreach with: