Confirmation (Grades 7 and 8)
Confirmation is a 2 year process. Class is taught by Pastor Scott Klimke during the Sunday school hour which is every Sunday from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Listed below are the requirements of the confirmation process. Most of the community service requirements are conveniently planned during the Sunday school hour, with just a few projects requiring more time or a different day.
7th & 8th Grade Confirmation Requirements
* 25 sessions teaching the Augsburg Confession
* Must know small Lutheran handbook
* 5 Community Service inside church (community service credit)
* 5 Community service outside church (cause credit)
* Confirmation Camp at Camp Sequanota
* 1 absence allowed per month-may bank unused absences for a time of need (vacation, sporting activities, illness, etc.)
Community Services Inside and Outside the Church
Confirmands will work with the community, church family and participate in fun activities planned throughout the Sunday school year.
Examples include: helping at Saturday’s Kitchen, decorating the church at Christmas, participating in the Christmas Pageant, having a bake sale to raise money for Treasure Tags for the Salvation Army and helping as youth leaders and/or decorations for vacation bible school.